Monday, May 24, 2010

Update

So, i'm stuck and cant seem to gain anymore weight. I'm getting stronger, but the weight stays the same.

Apparently I need to consume about another 400 calories a day/another 40grams of protien. That will be difficult seeing as i'm already eating 5 well-portioned meals a day, plus 2 protien shakes (on average).

I may have to just resort to those easy protien/carb meals which are also high in fat..ie: a quarter pounder burger. I train hard 5x a week, so I shouldn't really put on any body fat. Clogging of the arteries really isn't good though.

Anyhow, time shall tell.

As for work - well I'm pretty happy with my new role at the Bank. Even managed to score myself dual wide-screen monitors, which really allows me to get my job done much quicker running 4 or 5 different programs at the same time. My desk sits directly looking over the William St/St Georges intersection, and Swan River - quite nice, though I've moved down ten floors to level 18.

So yes - I see myself getting pretty settled in this new role and I'm getting my head around the Business side of lending and so on slowly but surely.

Friday last week was the CEO Roadshow held at the Convention Centre - a short stroll from work. Only about 500 relevent staff could attend, I was one of them. It was interesting and they managed to even get the crowd quite uplifted when showing a swanky presentation of the companies achievements in the last financial year, the loud 80's rock music helped. The next 12 months will bring many exciting things to both us and the customers, including mobile online banking and a completley revamped, more user friendly and overall awesome website which will be more innovative and better than any of the other Banks are offering - stay tuned.

As for Raine Square, well my area will be situated on the 14th floor. The move should be taking place "sometime next year". I don't hold my breath seeing as the building's construction has been halted since February. I'm really looking forward to leaving the tower and its poor and out-dated facilities, even though my floor is one of the 'nicer' floors.

Well, I'm off for now to make myself some eggs and toast before a much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment